Apply to AIS/ACP
Now Accepting Applications for the 2023-2024 School Year
Thank you for your interest in joining Al-Arqam Islamic School & College Preparatory. A complete application for admissions consists of the following items:
1. Application for Admission
2. Payment of nonrefundable Al-Arqam admission Exam Fees per child-see below
3. Academic Records (Transcripts/Report Cards and Standardized Exam Scores)-see blow
4. Birth Certificate and Immunization Record-see below
5. Recommendation Letters (grades 6-12)-see below
Please see the Admission Checklist Form for specific document requirements for each grade level for the 2023-2024 school year.
1. Application for Admission
Here is the link to the application form, please ensure to complete all required fields:
Age Eligibility requirements for Kindergarten, TK, and PK
For the school year 2023-2024
To be eligible for Kindergarten
A child must be 5 years old by 9/1/2023
To be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
A child must be 4 years old by 9/1/2023
To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten (PK)
A child must be 3 years old by 9/1/2023
2. Al-Arqam Admission Exam Fees:
All applicants for admission into grades, Kindergarten-11th, are required to complete an admission exam in subjects of Mathematics and Language Arts. There are admission fees associated that need to be paid before any admission exam is administered.
Please bring your receipt with you on the exam date.
Please follow this link to complete the payment:
(THIS FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE)
3. Academic Records (Transcripts/Report Cards and Standardized Exam Scores)
Please provide your students' most current transcripts/report cards and standardized exam scores and one year prior. Academic records must be submitted at the time of the admission exam. You can email all required forms to [email protected] before taking the admission exam.
4. Birth Certificate and Immunization Record
A copy of the birth certificate and immunization records must be submitted during the admissions exam. Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten admission depends on documentation of a birth certificate and completed immunization record. All documents can be emailed to [email protected].
5. Recommendation Letters
Applicants from grades six and up need to submit two letters of recommendation from their previous teachers. The letters need to be on the school letterhead and signed by their teachers.
Admission Exam Dates:
For applicants applying for the 2023-2024 academic year, admission exams will be conducted on:
Testing Date: March 1, 2023, from 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
Testing Date: May 3, 2023, from 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
- Applications need to be received by Friday, Feb 24, 2023, to sit in for the March 1, 2023, admission exam.
- Applications need to be received by Friday, April 28, 2023, to sit in for the May 3, 2023, admission exam.
- All required documentation must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line of Admission Documents 23-24. No students will be allowed to take the exams without submitting ALL of the required documents.
- Please allow yourself time to get to school at the beginning of the testing session. Some students might need more time to complete their tests. All testing sessions will conclude at exactly 3:30 pm.
- If you need testing accommodations, please contact Halima Albers at [email protected] or Kubra Ahmad at [email protected].
Al-Arqam Admission Policy
Al-Arqam Islamic School & College Preparatory diversity is infused into its students and staff. The school appreciates diversity in the aspects of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, and age. The school honors its diverse and multicultural learning community, where every student and staff is valued for their immediate contributions to Al-Arqam.
IB Admission Criteria:
Students applying to enter grade 11, will take the admission exam for the entry-level to the junior class. Students need to have Arabic courses in their previous transcripts. The school will evaluate the previous student's course work and the admission exam result before making an admission decision into the school two years IB Diploma Programme.
The school does not accept students entering grade 12 since the IB coursework spans two years. The only exception is for students who are coming from another IB school and have similar coursework.
Al-Arqam Islamic School & College Preparatory will be sending admission decisions directly to the parents once a decision is made by the admission committee.