Admissions are CLOSED
for the 2023-2024 School Year
Applications are not being accepted and admission exams will not be given for the 2023-2024 school year.
For the 2024-2025 school year, applications will start being accepted in late Janauary, 2024.
Our admission process includes the following four steps:
1. Apply online when the link is available in late January 2024.
2. Attend an Admission exam and pay nonrefundable exam fee prior to attending:
Please follow this link to complete the payment:
(THIS FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE)
Present the receipt of the paid admission fee at the time of checking in for the admission exam.
a. Academic Records (Transcripts/Report Cards and Standardized Exam Scores)-see below
b. Birth Certificate and Immunization Record-see below
c. Recommendation Letters (grades 6-12)-see below
4. Ensure ALL documents have been submitted prior to taking the admission exam. (see below)
Please see the "Admission Checklist" listed below for specific document requirements for each grade level for the 2023-2024 school year.
Age Eligibility requirements for Kindergarten, TK, and PK
For the school year 2024-2025
To be eligible for Kindergarten
A child must be 5 years old by 9/1/2024
To be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
A child must be 4 years old by 9/1/2024
To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten (PK)
A child must be 3 years old by 9/1/2024
- Al-Arqam Admission Exam Fees:
All applicants for admission into grades, Kindergarten-11th, are required to complete an admission exam in subjects of Mathematics and Language Arts.
- Academic Records (Transcripts/Report Cards and Standardized Exam Scores)
Please provide your students' most current transcripts/report cards and standardized exam scores and one year prior. Academic records must be submitted before or at the time of the admission exam. You can email all required forms to [email protected] before taking the admission exam.
- Birth Certificate and Immunization Record
A copy of the birth certificate and immunization records must be submitted before taking the admissions exam. Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten admission depends on documentation of a birth certificate and completed immunization record. All documents can be emailed to [email protected].
Applicants from grades six and up need to submit two letters of recommendation from their previous teachers. The letters need to be on the school letterhead and signed by their teachers.
- No students will be allowed to take the exams without submitting ALL of the required documents.
- Please allow yourself time to get to school at the beginning of the testing session. Some students might need more time to complete their tests. This testing session will conclude at exactly 12:00 pm.
- If you need testing accommodations, please contact Halima Albers at [email protected] or Kubra Ahmad at [email protected].
Al-Arqam Admission Policy
Al-Arqam Islamic School & College Preparatory diversity is infused into its students and staff. The school appreciates diversity in the aspects of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic status, and age. The school honors its diverse and multicultural learning community, where every student and staff is valued for their immediate contributions to Al-Arqam.
IB Admission Criteria:
Students applying to enter grade 11, will take the admission exam for the entry-level to the junior class. Students need to have Arabic courses in their previous transcripts. The school will evaluate the previous student's course work and the admission exam result before making an admission decision into the school two years IB Diploma Program.
The school does not accept students entering grade 12 since the IB coursework spans two years. The only exception is for students who are coming from another IB school and have similar coursework.
Al-Arqam Islamic School & College Preparatory will be sending admission decisions directly to the parents once a decision is made by the admission committee.